National Demolition Association elects new president
The National Demolition Association (NDA) has announced Chris Godek of New England Yankee Construction LLC in Milford, Connecticut, has been elected the new president of NDA for the 2019-2021 term. NDA represents nearly 500 and demolition companies throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Godek previously served as vice president of the association. He was elected during the annual meeting of the members March 24 at Demolition Rockies in Aurora, Colorado.
“I am honored and humbled to become the president of the National Demolition Association,” Godek says in a news release. “I am excited to begin work and lead the association in a direction that best serves our industry. During my time on the board of directors, I have had the opportunity to work with some hard-working and strong professionals. I look forward to continuing our work and advancing the mission of NDA to provide our members with the tools necessary to become leaders in the demolition industry.”
Other changes to the NDA executive committee include the election of:
- Vice president – Scott Homrich, Homrich, Carleton, Michigan
- Secretary – James Milburn, Milburn LLC, Hillside, Illinois
- Treasurer – Ben Hayden, Hayden Wrecking Corp., Washington Park, Illinois
- Past president – Scott Knightly, EnviroVantage, Epping, New Hampshire
The following members were elected to the board of directors:
- Karsten Pawlik, Alpine Demolition Services LLC, St. Charles, Illinois
- Steven Schwartz, Haines & Kibblehouse Inc., Philadelphia
- Edmund Vernier Jr., Environmental and Infrastructure Group LLC, Bristol, Pennsylvania
- Kyle Maddox, Virginia Wrecking Company, Daphne, Alabama